10 – Cantons-de-l’Est
On the shore of the Gulf is the fertile Saint-Lawrence River Valley. To the east we also find the Richelieu River Valley. The terrain is moderately rugged to the Southwest, near the American border. The Northwest part of the region is bordered by the Saint-Lawrence to the south and the Ottawa River to the north. A large proportion of the trails are in the plain. There is plenty of woodland, mostly deciduous, and in particular, maple bush. The part located between Châteauguay and Boucherville immediately to the south of Montreal is very densely populated.
- Regional network:
18 clubs (2,241 Km of trails)
- Main trails:
5 at Cazaville (west) and at Sorel-Tracy (east)
33 at Saint-Télesphore (west) and at lac des Deux-Montagnes (north)
500 at Saint-Stanislas-de-Kostka (west) and Rougemont (east)
505 at Saint-Michel (west) and Saint-Hyacinthe (east)
510 at Sabrevois (west) and Wickham (east)
503 at the American border (south) and Beauharnois (north)
- Accommodation accessible from the trail:
- Snow conditions:
From mid-December until mid-March
Principal cities: Salaberry-de-Valleyfield – Châteauguay – Longueuil – Boucherville – Brossard – Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu – Saint-Hyacinthe – Sorel-Tracy
- The chasm at Franklin (trail 5)
- Dinelle sugar shack at Saint-Rémi-de-Napierville (trail 5)
- Mont Saint-Grégoire (trail 510)
- The André l’Écuyer trail at Saint-Rémi-de-Napierville
- The Montérégie also offers 30 minutes access to all the attractions of Montreal.
From the region:
- Ontario to the west (trails 33, 312)
- New-York State to the south (trail 503)
- The Cantons-de-l'Est region to the east (trails 45, 505, 515)
- The Centre-du-Québec region to the Northeast (trails 5, 45)
- The Laurentides region to the Northwest (trails 33, 312)
- The Lanaudière region to the Northeast (trail 3)
ASSOCIATION TOURISTIQUE RÉGIONALE DES-CANTONS-DE-L’EST
20, rue Don Bosco Sud
Phone. : 819 820-2020 ou 1 800 355-5755
|AUBERGE ET CHALETS SUR LE LAC, Frontenac
Located on the shores of Lake Megantic, you can access our site via a path that connects to Highway 65. Come and enjoy our enchanting site, our gourmet restaurant, our wine cellar, our arcade and our relaxing SPA area including a whirlpool, a cold bath and a sauna. You will be fully recharged to take on the snowmobile trails of the Megantic region!
Rates from :
Single Occ. 110,00 $/pers.
Complete package include: 1 night stay, the price varies according to the type of room.
|MICROTEL INN & SUITES DE WYNDHAM, Lac-Mégantic
1-800-337-0050 - 819-614-4314
Practical, modern, chic accommodation.
Rates from :
15% off room rate or Sleep, gas and go package for $150.
Complete package include: 1 night accomodation + continental breakfast + enclosed parking with camera surveillance.
|MOTEL LE QUIET, Lac-Mégantic
(888) 778-7018 - (819) 583-6666
Motel classified 3 stars of 47 rooms with parking in front of the room or garage. Direct access to trail 65. Restaurant on site "Kaline rexto Pub" offering breakfast and dinner.
Rates from :
Single Occ. 155,00 $/pers.
Complete package include: 1 night lodging and a 35$/pers. gift card for the restaurant.