On-line trail permits
The 22-23 snowmobile season is coming soon! - Purchasing platform is open
To all snowmobilers!
Please read carefully the information on this page and on each document.
In order to purchase a trail permit, you must purchase it online, all categories included!
Don’t wait! Purchase your permit hassle-free from your residence, office or with your cellular phone!
To purchase online, you will need:
- Equipment (computer, tablet or cellular phone) with access to the Internet*;
- *Please note it is preferred to be in panoramic mode and not in portrait mode on your tablet or cell phone, in order to navigate through the platform for your on-line trail permit purchase.
- A valid e-mail address;
- How to create an email: Gmail or Outlook
- Open up an existing profile or create a new one;
- Please ensure that the profile is created in the name of the owner of the snowmobile, the trail permit is automatically issued under the name and address registered in your profile.
- Make sure that your information is valid, up to date and complete (postal address, telephone, e-mail, etc.).
- Information pertaining to your snowmobile, including the serial number as it appears on your proof of registration.
How can I continue to support my local club?
*If you have kept your trail permit from last year, a 3 or 5-digit number (CCC-RR) located in the upper right identifies your club (CCC) and its region (RR).
Trail permit types and prices
- $ 440 for an annual trail permit purchased on or before December 9, 2023
- $ 530 for an annual trail permit purchased after December 9, 2023
- $ 900 for an annual trail permit sold in trail*
- $ 400 for an annual trail permit for antique snowmobiles (2003 and older)
- $ 285 for a 7-day trail permit
- $ 185 for a 3-day trail permit
- $ 95 for a 1-day trail permit
- $ 650 for an annual trail permit for a rental snowmobile
- $ 40 for a replacement trail permit
*Purchase your trail permit before hitting the trails!
In accordance with article 11 of the general by-laws of the Fédération des clubs de motoneigistes du Québec, no person may operate a snowmobile on a federated trail without having paid the prescribed trail permit fees in accordance with the terms and conditions determined by the Board of Directors.
The annual trail permit issued by the FCMQ or a trail warden to the owner of a snowmobile registered in accordance with the provisions of the off-Highway laws for his benefit and the benefit of persons to whom he lends said snowmobile free of charge (Article11.1 of the general regulations of the Fédération des clubs de motoneigistes du Québec).
Extra charges are payable when the annual trail permit is purchased on trails. Note that permits issued for antique sleds, as well as daily or weekly permits, cannot be purchased on trails.
The trail permit is non-refundable*
*Only the $1,000,000 liability insurance portion may be subject to a refund.
Accepted online payment methods :
- VISA or prepaid VISA card
- MasterCard or prepaid MasterCard card
Your online shopping is secured at the Fédération des clubs de motoneigistes du Québec (FCMQ). Your personal information, as well as your credit card information, is sent as an encrypted email message that ensures the confidentiality of the information contained therein. Consequently, this message cannot be intercepted, altered or decoded by an intermediary. Your payment is made directly to Desjardins.
*Make sure to have a valid and complete address while creating your profile, otherwise your trail permit may not be delivered.
Please ensure that the profile is created in the name of the owner of the snowmobile, the trail permit is automatically issued under the name and address registered in your profile.