07 – Mauricie / Centre-du-Québec
On the North Shore the region is composed of the Laurentians and the Canadian Shield, a region of ancient mountains. The terrain is undulating and is crossed principally by the Saint-Maurice River Valley. On the South Shore, the topography is relatively flat, composed of the Saint-Lawrence River Valley before joining, further to the south, the foothills of the Appalachians. A majority of the trails go through mixed-growth forest on the North Shore and cross plains on the South Shore.
- Regional network:
Mauricie : 7 clubs (1,955 km of trails)
Centre-du-Québec : 9 clubs (1,269 km of trails)
- Main trails:
35 and 65 at Victoriaville
5 at Bécancour
3 at Louiseville
63 at Trois-Rivières
63 & 83 in Haute-Mauricie
350, 355 et 360 on the North Shore
525 andt 532 on the South Shore
- Accommodation accessible from the trail:
2, 500 rooms
- Snow conditions:
On the North Shore of the Saint-Lawrence; from mid-December (sometimes earlier in the La Tuque region) to the end of March in the La Tuque region
On the South Shore: from the end of December to the begining of March.
Principal cities: On the north shore (Mauricie) :Trois-Rivières – Louiseville – Shawinigan – Grand-Mère – La Tuque. On the south shore (Centre-du-Québec) :Victoriaville – Drummondville – Bécancour – Nicolet – Plessisville
- Channel fishing at Sainte-Anne-de-la-Pérade (trail 351)
- Mauricie National Park and Saint-Maurice wildlife reserves (no access by snowmobile)
- Mastigouche wildlife reserve (trails 23 and 360)
- The outfitters of Clova, Parent and La Tuque (trail 83)
- The Atikamekw Reserve of Wemotaci (trail 83)
- Gouin Reservoir (trail 83)
- Saint-Maurice river (local trail M19)
- River Bulstrode overpass (trail 65)
- Lake William view (regional trail acces via trail 25)
From the region:
- Lanaudière to the west (trails 3, 63, 23, 360, 350 and 349)
- Abitibi to the northwest (trail 83)
- Québec City/Charlevoix to the east (trails 3, 23, 302 and 353)
- Lac-Saint-Jean to the northeast (trail 73 and 355)
On the South Shore :
- Montérégie to the west (trail 5)
- Cantons-de-l'Est to the south (trails 45, 521 and 525)
- Chaudière-Appalaches to the east (trails 5, 35, 65, 531, 533 and 538)
ASSOCIATION TOURISTIQUE RÉGIONALE DE LA MAURICIE
1882, rue Cascade (Case postale 100)
Phone : 819 536-3334 ou 1 800 567-7603
ASSOCIATION TOURISTIQUE RÉGIONALE CENTRE-DU-QUEBEC
25, rue Saint-Jacques Est, C.P. 2030,
Phone : 819 364-7177 ou 1 888 816-4007
|MANOIR DU LAC WILLIAM, Saint-Ferdinand
(800) 428-9188 - (418) 428-9188
Combine your pleasures during your stay at Manoir du Lac William. Enjoy a delicious meal, enjoy outdoor activities and relax in our relaxation spa area and in our Nordic baths.
Rates from :
Single Occ. 249,00 $/pers.
Package includes: 1 night’s accommodation in a regular room, 1 American breakfast, 1 five course table d’hôte supper, tips on meals, access to the Nordic baths area, access to the free heated garage and activities on site.
|HÔTEL LE VICTORIN RESTAURANT LE LAURIER, Victoriaville
(800) 563-0533 - (819) 758-0533
Wonderfully located in the heart of la belle province, Le Victorin has the advantage of being able to easily bring together friends, families or groups from various regions. Just like its hometown, Victoriaville, the hotel is know for its warm and enthusiastic welcome!
Rates from :
Single Occ. 119,00 $/pers.
Package includes: 1 nigth lodging in a regular room with 2 queen beds. American breakfast includes for 2 persons (Extra for 3rd & 4 person). Possibility of package with evening meal.
|AUBERGE DES LITS, La Tuque
Nice 12 room inn located in the heart of downtown La Tuque. Are you an outdoor enthusiast? The snowmobile trail passes right by the Inn! The sliding centers (cross-country skiing, downhill skiing), arena, snowshoeing trails, bicycle path, hiking are less than 10 minutes from the Inn.
Rates from :
Single Occ. 95,00 $/pers.
|POURVOIRIE DU LAC BLANC, Saint-Alexis-des-Monts
The White Lake Outfitter offers you a site where nature, pleasure and comfort are our trademarks. Our dynamic team awaits you all season long!
Rates from :
Single Occ. 242,95 $/pers.
Package includes: One night's lodging (in an inn room), 1 three-course table d'hôte dinner, 1 breakfast, access to the snowmobile park monitored by security camera, access to the aquatic center (heated pool, whirlpool) and access to seasonal equipment (snowshoes, skates, cross-country skiing and snow tubing) Rate before taxes.