08 – Lanaudière
The Lanaudière region is composed of the Laurentians and the Canadian Shield, a region of ancient mountains. In the south of the region, the terrain is undulating, while the gradients are more pronounced further north (Saint-Zénon and Saint-Donat). For the most part, trails go through mixed-growth forest.
- Regional network:
18 clubs (2, 127 Km of trails)
- Main trails:
3 at l’Assomption
33 at Saint-Donat
43 and 3 at Berthierville
63 at Saint-Edmond
345 near Joliette
310 at Rawdon
341 and 343 near Saint-Côme
- Accommodation accessible from the trail:
800 to 1,000 rooms near the trails (more than 2,000 rooms in the region)
- Snow conditions :
Some 30 kilometres north of Montreal: from mid-December until the end of February. North of Saint-Donat, Saint-Côme and Sainte-Émélie: until mid-March. In the Saint-Zénon region and Saint-Michel: until the end of March.
Principal cities: Repentigny – L’Assomption – Berthierville – Joliette – Rawdon – Saint-Gabriel-de-Brandon – Saint-Côme – Sainte-Émélie-de-L’Énergie – Saint-Donat – Saint-Zénon – Saint-Michel-des-Saints.
- Montagne Noire at Saint-Donat (trail 33)
- Mont-Trinité at Saint-Michel-des-Saints (trail 318)
- Trails through preserves (Rouge-Matawin, Mastigouche)
- Ice sculpture festival at Saint-Côme in February
- The Gilles Villeneuve Museum at Berthierville
From the region:
- Laurentides at west (trails 33 et 63)
- Mauricie at east (trails 3, 63 et 349)
- Montérégie at south (trail 43 at Berthierville)
3568, rue Church
Phone : 450 834-2535 ou 1 800 363-2788
Site Internet: www.paysdelamotoneige.ca
|POURVOIRIE DOMAINE BAZINET, Ste-Émilie-de-l'Énergie
1 877 886-4446 - 450 886-4444
4-star lodging in inns or cottages, all with a view of the lake. Restaurant with wood fire, bar, gasoline on site, gated enclosure for snowmobiles and 24h cameras. Directly on the TransQuébec63 trail.
Rates from :
Single Occ. 174,00 $/pers.
Package includes: 1 night's lodging in an inn with a view of the lake, 3-course table d'hôte dinner, breakfast, free parking, snowmobile enclosure.